Search This Blog

10.23.2011

WTF? Over...

Oh my poor neglected blog. I have not been doing any blogging lately because I've been spending most of my time working and being on Facebook. Like many people I have found Facebook to be a more effective communications medium for reaching more people. I have also found it to be an incredibly huge time sink. Which would explain why not much blogging has been going on lately.

Also after writing two serious long form pieces I found that my biggest difficulty was that the ending process itself was boring and tedious. I do not like typing. I am not the fastest typist. So the alternative to that was to find a reasonable substitute that I could use. My answer initially was to try to dictate things to my android phone and then e-mail them to myself which proved difficult because the android phone only did short messages and it was really quite sh*tty at punctuation, capitalization and doing paragraphs.

So enter Dragon naturally speaking. I have now found it is very easy to just speak to my iPad in order to write my thoughts and then the editing process goes much quicker because I only have to go back and fix a few mistakes. So obviously the process changed in a couple of ways. I am no longer typing. I am no longer trying to dictate short messages and string them together using my android phone and a text editor. Instead (and it wasn't the only reason I purchased it), I bought a used iPad from a friend who was looking to upgrade to the newer version and the results are what you're reading now. I like it a lot and I think it will allow me to write a lot more than I have in the past. That said, let's get on with the next real blog post rather than this post about the process itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment